Rasmus Lerdorf 在 8月的時後提的文章, 關於 PHP 6.0 的方向, 雖然未來的事情很難說, 但是參考看看, 現在系統在設計時就避掉一些東西, 對之後升級也比較不會那麼痛.. 🙂
PHP 6.0 Wishlist - Rasmus Lerdorf
以下轉載自: PHP 6.0 Wishlist - Rasmus Lerdorf
Since we are breaking a lot of stuff in 6.0, at least with
Unicode_semantics=On I am wondering if it may not be time to break some
more stuff and do a bit of spring cleaning. It would mean many apps
would need some work to work on PHP 6, but at the same time I think it
is work people would welcome since it would mostly involve removing
hacks instead of adding them. And yes, I know this is pretty
controversial, so take a few deep breaths before replying, please.
- Remove register_globals completely
- Remove magic_quotes_*
- Add input filter extension which will include a mechanism for application developers to very easily turn it off which would swap the raw GPC arrays back in case the site had it turned on by default.
- Include an opcode cache by default. A lot of work has gone into pecl/apc recently, but I am not hung up on which one goes in.
- Remove safe_mode and focus on open_basedir
- Remove some stuff that has been marked deprecated since PHP 3/4
A couple of others that we could consider, but I don't actually think wins us much apart from academic purity (which I have never been all
that keen on) are:
- Make identifiers case-sensitive
- Remove various function aliases